COVID-19 ProtocolsOakland, CA
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our local public health department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive call or text from your car and wait till we ask you to come in. So we can keep the waiting room and common areas clear.
- When at the door press the doorbell once and be patient. You won’t hear the doorbell from outside. We won’t be able to answer the door as soon as you would expect generally because there is a lot for us to do. We will answer as soon as possible. If waiting outside please maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more with others.
- We will take a forehead temperature scan. Below 100º you will be allowed in; above 100º you be asked to call to reschedule for a new appointment.
- We will administer hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, TV remote, coffee and tea, etc. , since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Always wear a mask entering the office and once in the treatment room it can be removed.
- We may not be able to see you for a drop-in appointments for multiple reasons.
Normal business hours Monday thru Thurs 9 to 5:30. We are working to schedule a convenient and safe time for you to come in for your regular check-up and cleaning or treatment.
We apologize for any inconvenience, look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and everyone safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 510-420-1717. For information on our services visit our website at www.OaklandSmiles.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to seeing you.
The Oakland Smiles Team and Dr. Sibhatu DDS
The dental bridge procedure is a tooth replacement option. The bridge covers the gap between the teeth using the healthy teeth present on either side, consequently restoring the function and appearance of the teeth. This article outlines what happens during a dental bridge installation.The first step in the dental bridge procedure is to determine the…
Have you thought about getting dentures to fill in those embarrassing gaps in your mouth? Perhaps you have been wondering whether this is the right choice for your appearance and health. The good news is that this treatment has many benefits and can help to improve your self-esteem and diet. As you learn more about…
Thinking about getting a smile makeover? There are many cosmetic options for those who want to improve the way they look when they smile. This means those who want to straighten their teeth can choose from a few different teeth straightening options, as some people’s teeth are minimally crooked while others have very crooked teeth.Want…
Wondering whether you need a dental crown? The only way someone can know for sure whether or not they need one or more crowns placed in their mouth is to undergo a dental examination. If it is determined crowns are necessary to improve one’s oral health, the next choice is choosing the right type of…
Sedation dentistry might be necessary when feeling anxious or nervous about visiting the dentist for routine care or certain procedures. Dental anxiety is a common condition and it can be caused for a variety of things. Some people have a fear of dentists due to past negative experiences, while others might be afraid of the…